At Nos Lumine, we Elevate Servant Leaders
Most people will admit that the world is a mess, because our culture is a mess, because our lived experience is a mess. For example, the divorce and abortion rates for Catholics are not much better than that of the general population, and they’re not good.
We intend to identify and engage an increasing number of both active and passive Catholic men and women with more and less career experience – engaging, equipping, empowering, and enlarging them in living the Gospel through:
- Shared prayer and growing in faith together
- Practical Servant Leadership training and skills development
- Partnered modeling and mentoring
- Expanded business network building opportunities
What We Do
Nos Lumine is a network of Catholic business people and professionals organized into small groups consisting of 6-7 members each. Individual groups may or may not be comprised of individuals representing aligned and complementary businesses.
It is our goal to engage, equip, empower, and enlarge each other in:
- growing and developing as intentional and skilled people of influence – as Servant Leaders;
- becoming more effective in our respective roles as faithful, practicing lay Catholics; and
- expanding each other’s reach through growing our shared network and circles of influence.
Each NOS LUMINE GROUP forms and functions independently of all other groups. They will meet on a regular, weekly basis for about an hour. Group members will focus on their own personal and professional/business growth as well as that of each other – through a form of group mentoring.
As for the Servant Leadership training and skills development component, concepts and principles presented for learning and discussion will include such sources as:
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth and Becoming a Person of Influence, by John Maxwell
- The Catholic Vision for Leading Like Jesus, by Owen Phelps, PhD.
- Servant Leadership, by Robert Greenleaf
- All related to Holy Scripture and The Catechism of the Catholic Church
As for the partnered modeling and mentoring component, we will incorporate very practical formats and methods similar to those of:
- Cursillo’s – Piety | Study | Action
- John Maxwell’s – ACT: Apply It | Change It | Teach It
- And as for the expanded business network building opportunities component, we will incorporate the fundamental concepts typical of professional networking organizations
Nos Lumine…We are the light of the world.